Apple & Raspberry Jam Crumble Slice
Serves 12-14Print This page
- 100g slightly salted butter, room temperature
- 110 (1/2 cup) raw caster sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 105g (3/4 cup) wholemeal plain flour, sifted
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 220g raspberry jam, room temperature, lightly beaten to loosen jam
- 155g Lowan Bircher Apple & Cinnamon Natural muesli, plus extra to scatter
- 55g (1/4 cup) raw caster sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
To make the topping, pulse Lowan muesli in a food processor until finely chopped as possible. Whisk the sugar and eggs in a large bowl, add the coconut and muesli; stir to combine. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 160’C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm x 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper and allow a 3cm overhang.
To make the base, using an electric mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy; add egg and beat until combined. Add the flours and gently whisk to combined. On low speed gradually whisk in buttermilk. Using a small cranked palette knife spread evenly over the base of your prepared pan; evenly spread jam over base layer.
Using your hands, evenly scatter and dollop pre-prepared topping over jam layer followed by a scattering of your extra muesli. Using a lightly greased small cranked palette knife gently smooth the topping over. It will be uneven looking and patchy but this is what you want. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly golden; remove from oven and stand on a wire rack until cooled completely. Remove from pan, cut into desired pieces and serve.