Apricot & Almond Banana loaf
Serves 10-12Print This page
- 80g Lowan Apricot & Almond Natural Muesli, plus extra for topping
- 40g (1/2 cup) toasted desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs almond meal or hazelnut meal
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 110g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- Whipped maple & lemon butter, to serve
Preheat oven to 160'C fan-forced or 180'C conventional. Lightly grease a 6.5cm x 13.5cm x 28.5cm loaf tin; line the base and sides with baking paper allowing a 2cm overhang.
Place the Lowan Apricot & Almond muesli, coconut, and almond meal in a large bowl and pour in the buttermilk; stir to combine and stand for 15 minutes.
Add the mashed banana, unsalted butter, spices, egg, yolk, brown sugar and flour to the bowl; stir to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter the top with extra Lowan muesli. Bake for 1 hour on the middle shelf of your oven (rotating pan halfway if necessary) or until a skewer is inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
Remove loaf from oven and stand on a wire rack until cool enough to handle. Remove loaf from pan, slice into desired pieces and serve with whipped maple and lemon butter.
To make the whipped maple and lemon butter:
Place 200g of room temperature butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on high until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually add 80ml maple syrup and the zest of one lemon. Use as required.