Serves 2Print This page
- ½ cup Lowan Wholegrain Quick Oats
- ½ cup (125mL) cold water
- ½ cup (125mL) cold skim or reduced fat milk
- Skim or reduced fat milk for serving
- Topping of choice – see porridge topping ideas
Place oats and cold water in a saucepan. Stir and stand for 5 minutes.
Place saucepan over a medium heat, add the milk and stir occasionally until the porridge comes to the boil.
Reduce heat to low and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes.
Serve in heated bowls with topping of choice.
TIP - Stirring the porridge during cooking is the secret to the creamy result.
Creamy Porridge with Banana and Cranberry
- 1 quantity cooked Creamy Porridge
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (as per desired)
Slice the bananas and arrange banana evenly over individual serves of cooked Creamy Porridge.
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Scatter the cranberries over the top of the porridge.
Serve with skim or reduced fat milk
TIP - Banana, ground nutmeg and dried berry mix make a great topping.