Chia Seed & Five-spiced Porridge
Serves 4Print This page
- 2 cups Lowan Quick Oats
- 1Lt milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoon LSA
- 4 figs, cut into wedges
- 2 large oranges, segmented
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts, roasted
- 45g (1/3 cup) pistachios, roasted
Place milk, Lowan oats, seeds and five-spice in a saucepan over high heat and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes or until porridge has thickened and chia seeds have softened slightly.
Remove saucepan from heat; stir in marmalade and LSA.
Divide porridge among plates and top with figs, orange segments, walnuts and pistachios. Serve immediately.
* LSA is a ground mixture of Linseeds, Sunflower seeds and Almonds. It has a rich source of protein.
* Accompany your porridge with your favourite seasonal fruit.