Cinnamon Buttermilk Crepe
Makes 16/Serves 4-6Print This page
- 20g (1 tablespoon) healthier margarine spread
- ½ cup Lowan Rolled Oats
- ½ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 250mL (1 cup) buttermilk
- 125mL (½ cup) water
- 2 teaspoons healthier margarine spread, extra melted
Using a microwave oven or stove top, heat margarine spread until melted. Cool.
In a small food processor, blitz oats and flour and until the oats are finely chopped.
Transfer the oat and flour mixture to a large bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
In another bowl, whisk the egg with a wire whisk. Gradually whisk in the buttermilk and melted margarine spread until well combined and mix in the water.
Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
Heat a 16cm non-stick pan over a medium high heat and brush lightly with a little of the extra melted margarine spread.
Place two tablespoons of mixture into the hot pan, quickly swirl the pan until the mixture almost covers the base of the pan. Cook until small holes appear around the edges of the crepe and the mixture looks set. Turn and cook on the other side until golden. Place the crepe onto a large plate and continue cooking the remaining mixture, stacking the crepes on top of each other as they are cooked.
Serve crepes stacked or rolled with seasonal fruits and reduced or low fat vanilla yoghurt.
TIP - To cook the crepes quickly, use two pans.
- To freeze crepes, place freezer wrap between each one and place the stack in a freezer bag, seal bag and label.
- *Healthier margarine spreads – e.g. margarine spreads made with canola, sunflower, soybean, safflower or olive oils