Double Choc Bircher & PeanutsPrint This page
- 180g (2 cups) Lowan Rolled Oats
- 500ml (2 cups) full cream milk*
- 140g (1/2 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 25g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder (70% solids)
- 1 tbs vanilla paste
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 70g (1/2 cup) peanuts
- 75g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 50g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 450g dairy farmers lemon cream yoghurt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey, slightly warmed, plus extra to serve
- 1 orange, finely grated on a grater
- Orange zest, grated dark chocolate & goat's curd, to serve
Preheat oven to 180’C fan-forced. Place soy milk, peanut butter, cocoa, vanilla paste and spices in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook & whisk for 3-5 minutes or until peanut butter has dissolved and mixture is combined. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Meanwhile, combine peanuts and seeds in a small bowl; transfer to a large oven tray and roast for 3-5 minutes or until nuts and seeds are roasted. Remove from oven, stand on a wire rack and sprinkle over salt; cool completely.
Place nut and seed mixture in a large bowl with Lowan oats and the chocolate; toss well to combine. Add milk mixture, yoghurt, honey, and orange zest; stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
Divide Peanut & Double Choc Oats among bowls and top with a spoon full of goat's curd. Scatter over grated dark chocolate, extra orange zest and drizzle with extra warmed honey.
* As an alternative to full cream milk, use your favourite soy, or nut milk.
* Goat's curd is available from specialty food shops and selected supermarkets. Substitute with sheep’s curd or fresh soft ricotta.
* Substitute honey with any type of your favourite natural sweetener; maple syrup or agave syrup.
* If you like a thinner oat mixture, before serving, add extra milk; stir to combine until you reach desired consistency.