Green Matcha SmoothiePrint This page
Makes 1.4Lt (approx)
- 80g Lowan Swiss Natural Muesli
- 750ml (3 cups) milk*
- 150g dairy farmers thickened vanilla yoghurt
- 1 avocado, seeded, roughly chopped
- 200g chopped frozen mango
- 1 banana, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tbs Matcha powder
- 2 tbs raw caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Crushed ice & a Slither of lime, to serve
Combine Lowan muesli and 500ml milk in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine; stand for 15 minutes.
Place muesli mixture with remaining ingredients in a large blender and blend until smooth.
Place crushed ice in cups and pour over smoothie. Top with extra ground cardamom and a slither of lime. Serve with a straw.
* Choose a milk of your choice; dairy, nut, soy.
*Matcha powder is a very finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. It is available from health food shops and specialty food shops. Please note, Matcha contains caffeine.
* Process your ice in a large food processor or blender until roughly crushed but not to fine. Make sure your food processor or blender is one that you can crush ice in. If not, alternatively, rap ice in a clean tea towel and bash with a large mallet or rolling pin.