Serves 2Print This page
- 1 cup Lowan Quick Oats
- 1 cup (250mL) cold water
- 1 cup (250mL) cold skim or reduced fat milk skim or reduced fat milk for serving
- Topping of choice – see porridge topping ideas
Place oats and cold water in a saucepan. Stir and stand for 5 minutes.
Place saucepan over a medium heat, add the milk and stir occasionally until the porridge comes to the boil.
Reduce heat to low and constantly for 3-5 minutes.
Serve in heated bowls with topping of choice.
TIP - Stirring the porridge during cooking is the secret to the creamy result.
Creamy Porridge with Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries
- ½ cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 quantity cooked Creamy Porridge
- ½ teaspoon icing sugar
- skim or reduced fat milk for serving
Place strawberries and blueberries into a bowl and mix to combine. Gently stir in the raspberries.
Spoon berries evenly over individual serves of cooked porridge.
Using a fine sieve, sift icing sugar over the berries.
Serve with skim or reduced fat milk.
TIP - When fresh berries are not in season use thawed frozen and berries.