Makes 45 approx.Print This page
- 450g Lowan Original Harvest Natural Muesli
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, finely grated on a grater
- 1 orange, finely grated on a grater
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) desiccated coconut
- 220g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 200g slightly salted butter, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) golden syrup
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs rosewater syrup
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 140g (1 cup) pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 yolk, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 160’C fan-forced. Grease and line three large oven trays with baking paper. Combine flour, cinnamon, zests, coconut, muesli and brown sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the centre.
Place butter, golden syrup, honey, rosewater and 80ml cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until butter has melted and mixture has combined; bring to a gentle simmer and remove from heat immediately. Stir in the bi-carb soda and stand for 2-3 minutes*. Add butter mixture to the oats and mix until just combined. Add pistachios, egg and yolk; stir until well combined.
Roll 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture into balls; flatten between palms. Place on tray and repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden. Cool slightly on trays until cool enough to handle; transfer to a wire rack to cool biscuits completely.
* Take caution when adding baking soda as this will cause the hot mixture to fizz and foam.