- 1 cup of Lowan Rolled Oats
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
3. Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium high heat and stir until butter has melted.
4. Add baking soda and stir to combine – it will fizz up, this is normal. Immediately remove from heat.
5. Pour butter mixture into flour and mix until just combined.
6. Roll level 1 tablespoon mixture into balls, flatten into patties. Place balls, 2.5 cm/1″ apart, on prepared trays.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking, or until deep golden. (Bake 12 min for chewy biscuits!)
8. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool – they harden as they cool!