COCOA BOMB ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 2 + 3/4 cups (110g) Lowan Cocoa Bombs
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 80g dark cooking chocolate 45%, chopped
- 100g Copha, chopped
- 2L ice-cream, just softened
1. Gently stir copha and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Add Lowan Cocoa Bombs, coconut and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl. Pour in melted copha and chocolate, mix well.
3. Lay 8.5cm egg rings on a tray lined with baking paper. Scoop two flat tablespoons of crackle mixture into each ring. Gently press and spread the mixture to compact it. Remove rings and repeat with remaining crackle mixture. (Makes approx 16 discs). Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. To get a clean edge, dip a knife in warm water and run around the edge of the egg ring.
3. Prepare the ice cream filling. Make sure it’s soft but not runny or melted. Lay the cleaned egg rings onto a lined flat tray. Spoon ice cream into each ring to make 4 cm thick ice cream patties. Smooth out ice cream with a spatula. Freeze for 10 minutes to harden.
4. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. To serve, sandwich the ice cream between crackle top and base. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour or serve immediately.