HAZELNUT OAT SLICE
- 1 cup Lowan Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted plain, unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 90g margarine spread
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced) and line a slice tin with baking paper – 27 x 17cm tin
2. In a mixing bowl, mix oats, flours, hazelnuts, and sugar.
3. Using a microwave or stove top, heat margarine with golden syrup until melted.
4. In a small bowl, combine water and bicarbonate soda then add into the golen syrup mix while stirring.
5. Pour syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together to combine.
6. Press mixture firmly into the prepared slice pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
7. Allow to cool compleltey in the tin before transferring to a cutting board. Remove baking paper from the base, cut into slices and store in an airtight container.