OAT, SEED BANANA LOAF
- 1/2 cup of Lowan Rolled Oats
- Greens Banana Bread Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (125mL)
- 5 tablespoons (100mL) vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized bananas (250g), mashed
- 22cm x 11cm loaf pan
- 1 cup mixed seeds (sesame seeds, linseeds, sunflower seeds)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/3 cup Lowan Rolled Oats – for topping
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (sesame seeds, linseeds, sunflower seeds)- for topping
- 1 banana, halved – for topping
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Grease and flour loaf pan or lightly grease and line with baking paper.
2. Place banana bread mix, eggs, milk, oil, mashed bananas, oats, mixed seeds, cinnamon and mixed spice into a mixing bowl.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and then pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
4. Sprinkle topping ingredients (mixed seeds and oats) evenly on top of batter. Pressed the halved banana on top of batter and then place in the oven.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Loaf is baked if it springs back when lightly touched in centre. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes prior to inverting onto cooling rack.
6. Serve warm, cold or toasted.